- Aircraft Fume events
- 22/08/2017 – The CAA has launched the e-learning platform. There are two new modules on Alcohol and Administration. CPD annual log is due to go live in January 2018 and will replace the Annual Return. This site is administered by the CAA, so please direct enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New policy – July 2017 EU Class 3 Colour Vision v1.1
- New documents for download – June 2017 EU Class 3 MED 160 and MED 162 forms
- Initial Class One Medical Certification with an OML Update January 2018
You may be aware, there has been a lot of recent discussion in the media and in response to questions from MPs and MSPs about the issue of initial medical certificates with an OML, particularly in relation to applicants living with HIV. As a result, the UK CAA has taken the decision to resume issuing initial Class 1 medical certificates with an OML limitation (where required for the specific medical condition/medication). This will happen with immediate effect. An OML may only be added to a certificate by a medical assessor and so all initial applicants who do not meet the requirements for unrestricted Class 1 medical certification but do meet the requirements for a Class 1 medical certificate with an OML will need to be referred to CAA Medical, as is the case already for existing commercial (CPL, MPL and ATPL) licence holders.
A formal announcement about this decision has just been released (see link below).
This will mainly affect the Aeromedical Centres who are assessing initial Class 1 applicants but applicants who have previously been refused an initial Class 1 may approach any AME for advice. In this circumstance they should be advised to contact the AeMC to whom they originally applied.
Dr Sally Evans
MBBS FRCP FRCP Edin FFOM DAvMed
GMC No 2854043
Chief Medical Officer
Safety and Airspace Regulation Group
UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Powerpoint slides and minutes from the CAMF meeting March 2018
- New forms Med 160 and 161 June 2018
- Medical Certificate Application04062018 (1)
- Examination Report Form MED161 01062018
- New CAA updated guidance material June 2018